Kew Community Trust Booking Conditions 2018
Deposit for bookings other than wedding receptions
If your booking is made 30 days or more in advance of the hire date, you will be asked to pay a deposit to confirm your booking. Bookings are not considered definite until we are in receipt of your deposit. The deposit is £120 or 50% of the total hire fee (whichever is the higher).
Deposits will be refunded after the hire of the room(s) has taken place. However, the deposit may be retained by the Kew Community Trust (in whole or part) in the event of loss or damage to the building or Kew Community Trust property or if a hirer breaches the Booking Conditions for example if over-staying the time booked or fails to comply with the Responsibilities of Hirer.
All bookings must be paid for in full not less than 30 days of the hire date. Please note that if cleared funds are not in place 30 days before the hire date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Deposit for wedding receptions
Due to the amount of hours booked, the deposit is £600. Please also note that in respect of wedding receptions, all wedding reception bookings must be paid in full not less than 60 days before the hire date.
Bank details for transfers:
Account name: Kew Community Trust
Sort code: 20-72-33
Account number: 00121673
VAT registration number:
Room Hire Includes:
- Use of the room(s) hired and use of furniture available on premises, as agreed prior to the function.
- Only those hiring the main hall (downstairs) are able to use the ground floor kitchen.
- Off-street parking for approximately 20 cars.
Room Hire Does Not Include:
- Preparation and setting up of the rooms hired.
- Access prior to or after the agreed booking time, unless previously agreed between the Hirer and the Kew Community Trust.
- Clearing up/cleaning of the premises on vacation.
Cancellation for Invoices Under £600
Where we receive written notification that the hirer wishes to cancel the booking, refunds will be given as follows:
Where the notice received is:
- 60 days or more full refund of deposit less £50 administration charge
- between 30 and 60 days 50% refund
- 30 days or less no refund
Cancellation for Invoices Over £600
Where we receive written notification that the hirer wishes to cancel the hire date, refunds will be given as follows:
Where the notice received is:
- 180 days or more full refund of deposit less £50 administration charge
- Between 60 and 180 days 50% refund
- 60 days or less no refund
Responsibilities of Hirer
The conditions of hire, use of property and responsibilities of hirer are as follows:
- The hirer takes full responsibility for the usage of hired area for the duration of hire, including the behaviour of guests within the premises and in the vicinity immediately outside the premises. We specifically do not permit our venue to be hired for teenage and 21st birthday parties. If it transpires that a booking is actually a teenage or 21st birthday party, the Trust reserves the right to terminate the booking with immediate effect and retain the deposit. If we discover during the event itself that it is a teenage or 21st birthday party, the Trust reserves the right to immediately eject the hirer and guests from our venue and retain both the fee for the hire time and deposit.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly controlled, allowed only with prior agreement and applies only to the private consumption of alcohol by the hirer’s guests. All normal licensing hours and regulations apply and these must be adhered to, in accordance with the signed terms of your hire agreement. According to your responsibility as named hirer you must ensure that alcohol is not available/served to guests that are underage.
- If you want to sell alcohol, a licence must be obtained from the Local Authority prior to the event (irrespective of the nature of your function) at extra cost. Allow at least eight weeks.
- You must ensure considerate levels of noise and music are maintained, especially when leaving our premises and late at night. All music must finish at 23.00 and your guests must leave by 24:00. The Trust reserves the right to retain your deposit in the event of disturbance caused to our neighbours.
- Amplifiers and speakers must be set up at the eastern side of the Main Hall (the other end from the exit to the garden) this is because of noise projecting out through the doors to the garden and disturbing our neighbours.
- Under no circumstances are outside activities allowed, e.g. fireworks or barbecues. Indoor fireworks, candles and smoke machines are not permitted.
- We provide the hall on a “do it yourself “ basis meaning that you are responsible for set up and for making sure that the hired area is left in a clean and tidy condition after your event, taking care to ensure that you remove rubbish, as directed in the Hirer’s Information. You may need to organise a team to do this.
- You are responsible for examining the information available to you regarding fire precautions, including location of fire equipment, alarm points and use of fire exits. Please ensure that all fire doors remain closed unless in an emergency.
- Our building is a NO SMOKING VENUE. Please ensure that you and your guests adhere to this policy. Please also ensure cigarette butts are disposed of if your guests smoke outside the porch area.
- Free access to the church must be kept clear at all times.
- Our building is a public building. Please ensure that you do not inconvenience other hall users during your event.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, personal property brought into or left on the premises for the duration of your hire.
- As named hirer, you agree to indemnify the Trust against all claims, actions and liabilities arising from the use of the premises and equipment.